1. IFCR GB&I elected new officers to serve the organisation for the coming year.
Chairman – Rupert Cox
Secretary – Ganesh Ganesen
Treasurer – Eric Hill
IFCR National Delegate – Norman Brown
IFCR GB&I International Ambassador – Mike Jackson,
2. We organised a weekend summer gathering in heart of District 1200 in Somerset – the home of members Rupert Cox, Mike Gillingham and Roy Sperrings with home hosting from members of the Rotary Club of Langport & Somerton.
3. Through the good efforts of Immediate Past District Governor and IFCR GB&I international ambassador, Mike Jackson, we have started dialogue with government and the ECB on how we can utilise the power of Rotary to promote cricket to young people in areas of deprivation and ethnic imbalance.
We hosted the 8th IFCR Cricket Festival at Nottingham University where we were delighted to welcome over 240 Rotarians and partners to the home of Robin Hood. 7 teams from India, 3 from Australia, 1 from Sri Lanka, 1 from Pakistan, 1 from GB&I and 1 joint team from New Zealand/South Africa
• We started with a “Welcome Dinner and Party” with Farokh Engineer.
• A full day’s cricket followed by a welcome from the Rotary Club of Nottingham.
• While the men played another day’s cricket, the ladies then had their day out.
• After a day off, we convened in the evening for a cultural party & auction.
• More cricket with that evening spent firstly at the IFCR AGM, then with individual national dinners.
• The final day’s cricket was followed by the closing ceremony with a parade of flags and closing speeches including an invitation from New Zealand to join them for the 9th World Festival in March 2017.
Great cricket, even better fellowship and over £2,000 donated to local charitable causes as a result of our the auctions
We hosted the Aussies in the UK with games played at the following:-
• 4th – 6th July – Cannock – inc’ an IFCR match
• 7th – 9th July – Fordingbridge – the spiritual home of IFCR and Mike Jackson
• 10th – 12th July – Somerset – inc’ a match on the Somerset 2nd XI ground at Taunton
• 13th – 17th July – Scotland – inc’ famous Hopkins hospitality
• 18th – 20th July – Bourne – home to our esteemed past Chairman & the venue for “The Test Match”
• 21st – 23rd – Essex – with the final game at Billericay
Saw a team of intrepid GB&I cricketers attend the 7th IRCR Festival in Vapi, India where IFCR fellowship was at its very best with generous hospitality and competitive cricket provide by a good friends from India